Exec meeting Minutes Feb 8th
Call to Order 7:05 pm
Present: George Bowden, president; Dorothy Cushway, Vice President; Barkley Cox, Clubhouse
Absent: Martin Brooks, treasurer-secretary; Iain Fletcher Membership
Agenda: Additions – None
A. Last month’s minutes: available online. Approved.
B. Old Business
1) Signage: Parking sign replaced with Dorothy’s
2) No publicity director: ads in Used Victoria, Craigslist. Speakers – 175 Browsed, 3847 to date. Teaching – 715 Browsed, 21,694 to date. Membership – 366 Browsed, 19,245 to date.
3) Meetups added. Victoria Web Apps and More Photo Sig, Genealogy. Need a sign up to Meetup attendees speaking to attendance fee. Could ask people from other meetups to speak at our events.
4) Business cards still to be made
5) Windows 10 plan slowly taking shape. Will upgrade a machine to 10 and see if it needs more RAM, about $70.
D. Directors reports
D1. President – Desperately need more teachers. Meetups added. Victoria Web Apps and More. George attended Colin Blair’s Celebration of life. Working on Security of club accounts.
D2. Vice President – Emailed David Kenny about carpets in April. Confirmed used.ca for Feb 23. Waiting on Twitter for 22nd of March. Confirmed for April 26 Top Ten Scams with BBB of Victoria. Facebook SIG will be 24th of Feb. Add to Meetup with 15 attendees.
D3. Treasurer/Secretary – Financials for end of Feb to come
D4. Membership – TOTAL 154 Adult members, 14 Associate members, 1 Student
D5. Clubhouse – Will need people to help with carpet cleaning prep. Community Carpet Care, $150
Put up sign to turn on fan when eating in the back room
- Carpets bought for back door. . Cleaning to be scheduled for April.
- Lab 2 loaded with Windows10 . Teachers need to tell us of other software needed.
E. New Business
E1. Facebook SIG will run every 4th Wednesday, with RSVP.
E2. Silver threads proposes monthly presentation at Passmore center Tuesday afternoon. We run both drop-in and monthly meeting.
E3. Seniors show booth offered.. Declined.