Here are some results from our first SIG
Plan responses to window10 prompts:
- Click window icon in task bar’s notifications and then click for more information
- If hardware is reported as incompatible then go to hardware manufacturer and look for drivers, or… google the exact phrase on the web. Or buy a new card or computer. Run hardware and software reporter like Belarc Advisor to get a list of your hardware and software
- Or do updates in windows7 or 8 and wait till the updates to say you can upgrade.
Before upgrading, backup your computer with more than Windows backup, something like Macrium Reflect or Acronis onto external hard drive (3 hr job). Include ensuring that you can boot from a removable flash drive or CD.
- Must have windows 7 or 8 to do free upgrade to Windows 10
- Upgrade before July 29, 2016 for the free version
- Plan several hours for the upgrade.
- Note that windows media center, free in Windows 7, costs $USD 15.00 in windows 10.