The Annual General Meeting of the club was held Tuesday January 22th, 2019 at 1:30pm at Silver Threads, 286 Hampton Rd, Saanich, BC V8Z 1H1
Meeting called to order 1:30pm
- More than 20 members were present, so a quorum was reached
- The minutes of the 2018 AGM minutes were approved.
- The directors gave reports for the end of our fiscal year, December 31 2018:
- President’s report: Dorothy thanked volunteers, teachers and departing exec: Martin Brooks, Iain Fletcher, Rick Weatherhead
- The Treasurer reported a loss of $110 for the year, and bank balance of $7,368.95
- Vice president reported on automation of membership notices, new membership cards, monthly meeting topics, bylaws and Constitution filing.
- Membership reported that there were 170 members as of Dec 31 2018. All members are now regular members. Associates were made regular members. 75 members are still using up their equity from the old clubhouse.
- It was moved that dues remain unchanged at $25 per year. Moved by George Bowden, Seconded by Rosa Benjamin, approved.
- It was moved to continue monthly draw of $20 gift cards. Moved by George Bowden, Seconded by Barkley Cox, approved.
- It was moved to retain membership number 7000 for award. Moved by George Bowden, Seconded by Ed Prior, approved.
- The following officers were elected for the year 2019.
- Dorothy Cushway, President.
- George Bowden, Vice President
- Rosa Benjamin, Secretary
- Ed Prior, Treasurer
- Barkley Cox, Membership
- Dawn Goodwin, Member at large