The Scribus SIG is open to anyone interested in learning how to install and use this free open source, multi-platform desktop publishing (DTP) application.
Scribus is designed for layout, typesetting and to prepare files for professional quality image setting equipment. It can also create animated and interactive PDF presentations and forms. Example uses include writing small newspapers, brochures, newsletters, posters and books.
At the second meeting, we will:
• Briefly review the material covered last week
• verify that Ghostscript and Scribus have been properly installed
• Set up the file structure recommended for our first training project
• Set up the document parameters to create a booklet
• Review the buttons on the toolbar
• Begin the design of a booklet which will be used to learn how to use some of the key functions of Scribus
For the first session, please bring the following:
• A USB memory stick which you can use to load and save files ;you will use/create during this session
• your laptop/netbook if you wish to do your work on it rather than the club computer
• Ideas for future design projects
Advanced users will share their knowledge desktop publishing with the group..
I hope to see most of you on Friday