Tagging files is an alternative to, and enhancement to, creating a folder structure for you photos and files.
Tags are non-hierarchical
- Many tags can be assigned to one photo
- Many photos can be assigned the same tag
Tags are meta data
- Photo organizer in its “Library” and editor for simple photo editing: crop, straighten, color correction and touchup.
- Allows view by date or by folders
- “Unsupported” by Google now but still the best free Windows desktop photo organizer / editor
Metadata is kept in Picasa database, not in the photo’s Exif fields. All your tagging work is lost if you move to another organizer like Windows Photo Gallery.