The Victoria Computer Club moved to Silver Threads, 286 Hampton Rd, on May 15th 2017. Because of the new lower club membership fees ($25 per year), regular memberships have been extended based on the remaining equity in the membership. New membership expiry dates have been entered into the club database. New club membership cards will be available in a week or two.
Because fees for Associate members remain unchanged at $25, their membership expiry dates have not changed.
Here is how the extension for each member was calculated:
- Equity_value = (Old_membership_expiry_date minus Date_of_move) / 365 * $85
- Equity_days (at $25 per year) = Equity_value / $25 * 365
- New expiry = Date_of_move plus Equity_days.
Silver Threads charges drop-in fees for most programs.
- Monday and Thursday Shared Interest Groups and Monthly Presentations are $1.60 for Silver Threads members and $4.75 for non-members (GST included). Punch cards are also available.
- Tuesday and Friday Tutorial and Social sessions have no drop-in fee
- Silver Threads membership runs from April 1 – March 31 with quarterly prorated rates. Consult with Silver Threads staff regarding membership, fees and other Silver Threads programs available at both of their centres.